Seagull. Lyric Theatre, Hammersmith, 2018.

To start off the entire process, I needed to create a base colour for the walls. I painted the entire backdrop with base colours which would be covered with other paints but will still be seen.

press to zoom

The door frames and skirting boards were then painted over using white texturizing paint so that you could still see the brown underneath and a warn away look was created.

press to zoom

I made sure that the darker colour could mainly be seen where there was indents, to also add to the look of a shadow.

press to zoom

Using a plastering trowel, covered in a little paint, I started to then messily apply patches of paint. I made sure that the colour was darker in the edges and corners and lighter nearer the centre.

press to zoom

I then went over any intense areas with a bit of the base colour using the plastering trowel, to create a slightly more natural look.

press to zoom